I’m so excited to share this winter beet and kale salad! I’ve always been a salad-at-a-restaurant fan, but not so much a salad-at-home fan. The toppings really make a salad in my mind & I am too lazy to do all the chopping and planning to make delish salads on the fly. Just do a day of chopping & you’ll have lots of ready to use salad and entree toppings that are colorful, crunchy, full of flavor and really good for you!
I’ve made this one for many a party & it really is easy. Plus, it’s good and filling as I include whole grains, a lean protein and nuts to add a bit more protein and some fat (with a crunch) to fill me up. It’s really one of my favorites!
I initially made this for my family in the fall, honestly they were a bit hesitant at first, then it grew on them & my sister asks for it all the time. I mixed up my regular homemade lemon vinaigrette dressing to use up some Costco clementines & I’m just a bit obsessed. The color is fabulous & they’re sweeter, so I didn’t have to add as much sugar as I did to the lemon dressing. Win, win, win!
- 1 large bunch kale, leaves taken off stalks and massaged
- 3 medium beets, washed, peeled, and cubed
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, cut into small cubes
- large handful pistachios, chopped
- 2-3 ounces Chevre Goat cheese
- Add grilled chicken if desired
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over cubed beets, bake for 15-20 minutes
- Top kale with other veggies and dress with clementine dressing.
- You can top the salad with any veggies you’ve got on hand!
- This salad can serve as a main course or as a side salad