Open-Faced Zucchini Toast
Win the dinner game with this simple & delicious open faced zucchini toast!
Are you in need of a really simple and so so delicious dinner? If so, it’s your lucky day for you have this open-faced zucchini toast. This refreshing toast is the perfect vehicle to get your veggies in in the most delicious way. You’re welcome.
It’s been almost a couple months since I came home with a few too many zucchinis. What’s someone to do when all the zucchinis look delicious and they’re 4 for $1. I mean c’mon! Anyways, I came home from the farmers market with a bag full of corn, zucchini, and a majorly growling stomach. Luckily, I’d seen lots of delicious looking zucchini ribbon pizzas, and decided to try my hat at throwing zucchini, corn, and olive oil on toast and covering it with some fresh mozzarella. I mean c’mon…. again. And here is where the open-faced zucchini toast was born.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Handful julienned basil
- Set oven on broil
- Place slices of bread on tin foil
- Cover bread with zucchini slices and corn kernels
- Place mozzarella on top of vegetables
- Broil until cheese is golden brown, about 3-5 minutes (depending on how long oven has heated)
- When sandwich is toasted, remove from oven.
- Add light drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of garlic salt, freshly ground pepper, and fresh basil right before serving.
- I love this on a thinly sliced baguette, but your favorite type of bread will work great!